Located in downtown Ventura, between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, San Buenaventura Mission is the ninth and final mission established by father Junipero Serra in 1782.
As with many of the California missions, Buenaventura has been heavily damaged by natural disasters such as fire earthquakes and even a tidal wave which struck after a series of earthquakes in 1812. The original structure was destroyed by fire in the early 1790s.
- Image Size
- 2848x4288 / 9.9MB
- Contained in galleries
- Missions, California