Cruise ship on the left in background.
The original Imperial Beach pier was built in 1909. It was constructed to generate electricity from wave action for the town. The massive machinery located on the end of the pier was called the Edwards Wave Motor. It proved to be a failed experiment and was later removed. The last of the original pier was destroyed by a winter storm in 1948.
- Image Size
- 4256x2832 / 6.9MB
- Contained in galleries
- San Diego Coastal